Jul 31, 2011

Rubicon Estate: Photo Session Share

By Andrea Watkins

Every year our family takes a trip to the Bay Area in California to visit my Dad and extended family. This year my Dad had a project planned for the kids, so Lance and I were able to sneak away for the day. 

It's been about 9 years since we had been to Napa Valley- although it's only about a 30 -40 minute drive from my Dad's house.. We decided on Francis Ford Coppola's Vineyard Rubicon Estate.


We didn't really put a lot of thought into it we just figured winery/ Coppola.. win, win.
But as we drove down the tree-lined driveway, and got closer to the estate, I couldn't help but be in awe.


The grounds were beautiful, sprawling, and well-groomed. The majestic fountain centralized in the courtyard and the large, trellis shaded outdoor patio gives this place such a calm surrender, It made me feel like I was visiting an estate in Tuscany. It would be a beautiful place for a wedding.




As we entered the estate, I took in the sights as well as the smells, it's hard to describe the smell, but if I were to venture a guess I would say it smelled like a castle.


The ambiance was just perfect, and I loved that there was a vast collection of authentic movie memorabilia displayed, as well as his wine-making accomplishments, because YES we are fans....



 
and much of the memorabilia is integrated throughout the property so that you can enjoy it all while you sip your delicious wine.
 
I honestly can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon. I'm glad we decided to do it. 

Andrea Watkins resides in St. George Utah.  She has an amazing and supportive husband and 3 beautiful children. She has been in the Photography business for around 8 years, but fell in love with photography when she was given her first real camera at the age of 15.  She uses the Canon 7D, and her favorite lens of choice is a 28-70mm 2.8.
 
Images by Andrea Watkins are available for sale {here}.  

3 comments:

Elder Larkin said...

Oh my goodness Andi! I feel so lucky to have you as a guest on our blog. LOVE all these amazing images! They look like pieces of artwork! Thanks for sharing your shoot with us.

andi watkins said...

Thank you for the feature Cindy. I am truly honored.

Lisa Kryschuk said...

Oh those are wonderful Andi! I feel as if I was there, and would love to visit some day!
Beautiful work!