I’ve had a few questions regarding how exactly I use curves to bring light to the eyes. By the way, I’m using Photoshop CS4 on a Mac.
1. Click on the lasso tool. At the top, you’ll see the settings for this tool. In “Feather”, type in 50 px. Select the eyes using a figure eight shape. This doesn’t have to be perfect, and sometimes you have to try a couple of times.
2. Once selected, it should look something like this:
3. If you’re on a Mac, press CTRL M to bring up curves. Otherwise, select Layer->New Adjustment Layer -> Curves. A box that looks like a graph will pop up.
4. Grab the point in the middle, and pull it up, making an arch. Play around with this to learn what curves does. It’s easy to go too far though! This is how far I went:
5. Press “OK” and you’re good to go!